Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I have met two types of people who believe in god
The first group believes in god due to fear. They are always predicting about non believers going to hell for eternity. Saying you believe just because you want to go to heaven isn’t believing.
Group two are the ones who have to quote scriptures from the Bible because they don’t have the ability to formulate an opinion of their own.

Living in the Bible Belt in Tennessee has taught me how unkind most people are in the name of god. You either attend their particular church or they thumb their nose at you. Doesn’t matter if the church is the same denomination or not.

Parts of me admire people who have blind faith in god. The way my brain is wired I will remain a non believer until a sign from god convinces me to do otherwise.
I will not fake a belief.
Hold on there big guy, let me say I use bible verses because first they are the word of God and I don't want to misquote Him and second if I give you my opinion you will just say " well that's your opinion". I can give you my opinion all day long and it doesn't mean squat because I don't make the rules but if I give you the word of God then your argument is with Him not me, and He's a big boy so go ahead and ask, complain, or protest, many have in the bible.

And yes you are right about believers fearing God because He warns us to. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" also "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.
Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

With that being said God is good, kind, patient, and righteous also saying in Romans 2:4 "Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?"

On your last note, yes Christians including myself can be azzholes but that's part of the human condition and I really do try my best. And you were right not to try and fake anything because God will call those people out on the last day.

Last edited by Dons99; 03/13/24.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington