Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Why don't some of you strong defenders of God's disgusting behavior or lack of intervention when appropriate, be strong enough to call him out and tell him he needs to lift his game? He needs to change.

Some of you just need to read a Bible, AND comprehend it.

The answers to all your questions are in there.
The example of God intervening when a tribe of people worship a false idol is from the Bible and is an example of comprehending it. The example of God not intervening when priests sexually abuse children is a glaring omission from the Bible. So that constitutes full comprehension of the Bible....but it doesn't explain why some of you defenders of God's poor behavior don't call him out and show some courage.

Because we are taught to be obedient and surrender to something greater than us.
It's a hard thing to do when one thinks they are greater themselves.

I've said here earlier, hard to seek the face of God when you think you are a God.
That is the sin that Adam committed. The devil convinced him that eating the fruit would enable him (Adam) to be "as" God.

Jesus was the second Adam, As God's direct son, through a birth, his blood is the final blood to be sacrificed. Animal blood sacrifice was old testament.

I can somewhat relate to your thought of "calling God out".
My sister lost her daughter when she was 10. That is now 15 years ago.

In her words, not mine................"I am pissed at God, and He will have some questions I will need answered when I get to heaven. My job is to live a life to get to heaven to ask those questions"

Unfortunately, we all too often forget there is a devil (The world) that is here everyday to convince us "we are just like God" ---------------- The Original sin.

At the end of the day, surrender and obedience are tough words in a world that advertises "have it your way" - "you DESERVE a break today" - "you only live once" kind of crap.

I'm not expecting anyone to understand my thought process, but I will absolutely testify that joy has come to me by being obedient to the word and surrendering to the unforced rhythms of the Holy Spirit.

Great post and spot on.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/13/24.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin