Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Hastings
Jesus clearly did not claim to be God.
Yes He did. Clearly. And His disciples “worshipped” Him because He was God. And they knew it.

It's complicated to me. Some verses make a distinction.

- “If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.” Jn. 14:28.

- “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.” Jn. 15:1-2.

- “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Mt 24:36; see also Mk. 13:32.

Matthew 24:36 and Mark 13:32 seem to suggest that Jesus (“the Son”) is distinct from God because even Jesus will not know of his own second coming ahead of time. If so, this seems to distinguish the Son and the Father as having different levels of knowledge and power.

DID not know at the time. Doesn't mean that HE would NEVER know. HE did know enough to mention the specific 'generation'............

Yes, the theology evolved over time. Mark was written first, and the Jesus of Mark if very different from the Jesus of John.

Or was 'seen' differently by different men of different backgrounds....

No.
The are different narratives, with different messages, with a different main characters of the same name.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell