[/quote] Surely, we are not that hopeless that we can't have a framework of what constitutes goodness and what constitutes badness or what's right and what's wrong. We are not that incapable and submissive.[/quote]

RH like it or not.
Our framework for good and bad, right and wrong has been for centuries the 10 commandments, so widely accepted that they became the basis of our Judeo-Christian legal system here in America. You also have Jesus' reply when someone asked Him what is the greatest commandment, His answer "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. ' This is the greatest and first commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

It's just like I tell my grandkids "it's simple but it's hard" If we could just love God and love our neighbor there would be no evil in this world other than satan and his minions and they will be taken care of in short order when the time comes.

It's hard for us and even impossible to follow these commands perfectly because of our sinful nature. God says " The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it" Jeremiah 1:9 But we were not created that way, only after Adam and Eve were beguiled by the devil did sin enter the human race. Because our hearts are wicked and God granted us free will this is the reason people do bad (very bad) things to other people and that's exactly why God had to make a way for us to be renewed (Born Again) reconciled, cleansed, our minds renewed. This is done by acknowledging our sin, repentance, and accepting Jesus' substitutionary payment for our sins on the cross.

Let me add that God does not take lightly evil things done to people especially kids, Matt 18, "but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea."

Last edited by Dons99; 03/14/24.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington