Originally Posted by scoony
Originally Posted by CCCC
Like moths to a flame, like flies to sticky strips, like hungry rodents - - - - the atheists, God deniers, Christian-baiters, devil reps and angry others seem to scramble onto threads like this. And, for what reason?

Dang! Lots or name calling here. Fine example of some moral standards to follow?

The title of this thread asks a question, one that all can answer. The believers are just as drawn to this as the non-believers, probably more so. Seems that you all take offense to the fact that others don’t share your beliefs in a super natural being.
scoony, I welcome your comments as important. Many answered the title question directly and simply, as did I. The tension grows when others deride or attack some of those responses. It is my observation that most of the believers do not take offense because others don't share their beliefs, but rather due to the nature of some posts - sometimes quite a few negative posts.

The example you cited above was my observation, ending with a question regarding the reason for that.

To understand how the name-calling develops in some of these threads one has to go back through the posts and find the roots - where it starts and by whom (usually predictable). Then, due to some of our human tendencies, others fight fire with fire. I don't see it as an example of a moral standard, but do think it is generally ineffective and useless, and not a good example to set. If that amounts to a mea culpa in the eyes of some, so be it.

But, that question about reason is cogent, and it remains.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron