Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I don't believe that's an accurate representation of his position,…
Of course you don’t. You’ve arrived at your beliefs based on what you find attractive; your beliefs have zero to do with proof.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
…and even if it was, that's fine, he and I can have different interpretations of the implication of the facts at hand. Either way, the 4 gospels remain anonymous works.
And you and I can have different interpretations of the implications of the facts at hand as well.

There’s NO WAY that you can be certain that Homer was the actual author of the Iliad. And there’s NO WAY that you can be certain that Herodotus was the actual author of History. And there’s NO WAY that you can be certain that Plato was the actual author of Tetralogies. And there’s NO WAY that you can be certain that Caesar was the actual author of Gallic Wars.

Actually, we know the Iliad was most certainly NOT written by a single "Homer". It was revised, changed and edited by multiple authors over a period of 100+ years.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell