Originally Posted by RHOD
Originally Posted by Dons99
One of my buddies who is a believer is a veterinarian and one of his best friends is a leading hand surgeon in the Sacramento area. He told my friend that he has studied the human hand for over 40 years and there is no way that it is a result of evolution. He said just the human hand is absolute proof of intelligent design. I think pretty much anybody that would look at their own hand right now and make a fist or just move their fingers would agree…

What’s he say about the panda’s thumb?
Probably assign it to the same intelligent design/designer

Then I would say your friend of a friend is kind of an idiot.
Yeah, chief hand surgeon at a major hospital in the capital of California, a real moron lol

You can always find somebody with some credentials that have some crazy ideas.
Ok so lets forget the doc. Look at your hand as it moves or your feet, knee or pretty much any part of your body. Now open a book and check out how a digestive system or reproductive system works, lungs that take in oxygen and deliver it to the blood so it can travel to the muscles, brain and every part of the body. Vision, hearing, taste, smell and I could go on and on. So I'll ask you is there a design?
Seriously, IS THERE A DESIGN? Answer that one question and we can talk.

The nerve that controls your larynx goes all the way down to your heart and then back up to your neck. Does the same in a Giraffe. Inexplicable if it was "intelligently" designed. But evolution explains it as modification from previous creatures where that made sense.

Humans teeth are typically too big for their jaws. This is why so many people have crooked teeth, get braces and have their wisdom teeth pulled out. Inexplicable if it was "intelligently" designed. But it is explained by evolution that when the genes that controlled our jaw size and our teeth size are different and they didn't quite evolve perfectly together when our jaw size diminished.

Humans have poor sinus drainage. That is why we always get so stuffed up when we have a cold. Animals with snouts don't have this problem, their sinus cavities drain just fine. Bad design for Humans. But this is explained by evolution that when we (or our ancestors) lost our snouts the sinuses repositioned themselves, but didn't really reconfigure themselves, in a way where they would drain well. If this was designed, it certainly wasn't from an "intelligent" designer.
Ok well I guess you and I will agree to disagree.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington