Having hunted down there too. Johnny has it right. I would agree just south or Hermosillo as far east as Sahuaripa, west to the coast, and north to the sasabe line and Benjamin hill south of Nogales. The flats hold the biggest bucks by far. The best area I have encountered was south west of Hermosillo. I hunted that twice and both times I was shocked at what I seen. Plus the area was glassable. East of Hermosillo holdsso big bucks also. Probably the biggest, but the odds are slim. North of Hermosillo holds the population, but ranches can be hit or miss.

I would say you have a better chance of shooting a 30 inch buck than you do anything score wise. Most 30 inchers don't score high anyways unless he is a monster like johnnys.

Temperature is nice. Cold in the morning and hot in the day time.

The biggest coues bucks also are known to hang out in the desert flats. Jump on one if you have the chance and pay the extra fee. Most of the 140ish coues coming out of Mexico are being shot on the flats.

One big thing to look at and be concerned of. If choosing the right outfitter. I got burned bad on one of the deals I had down there. It was not a good thing.
Research what they are killing, find out how many years they have been outfitting, check the size of the hunting area and number of hunters they take per year. Check out a few references and see if they have a website.
Then again, not all outfitters are perfect and some make mistakes. If they make those mistakes on purpose, then you need to step away. If they make a mistake unknowingly, thats something else and a learning experience for both.

I am comfortable with Chad Smith. Great person and outstanding outfitter.
Ubaldo Lopez, el rodeo hunting lodge, we learned something together and that lesson was invaluable,. I won't get into details. But that was the only issue with hunting with him and his camp. Great service and they kill big bucks. Jim Shockey hunts with him.
Jorge Camou is a big player down there. A lot of American outfitters book their hunts with him as the Sonoran link. A ton of ranches and tags, but also a ton of hunters to deal with a year. But he has quality stuff.

Chad is my number 1 guy if I was going down there. Then Ubaldo, then Jorge camou. I also hear his brothers, the camou brothers, have some good hunts. Never hunted with them, but I am sure if they are like jorge, they are good.

Again research the outfitter before dropping the cash.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1