Originally Posted by atkinson
I have several ranches that can and do produce Boone and Crocket deer each year, many in the 180 class and always a few in the 200 plus class..These ranches are in Texas and Southern New Mexico. I have brochures and pictures if your interested..

In NM I have a 100,000 ac. ranch that can produce 160 to 190 class Mule deer. It is a non guided hunt with a bunkhouse to stay in and your on your own other than the foreman will show you where he has been seeing the big boys...The owner only allows two hunters per year to keep his gene pool going..$5000 per hunter...I have seen some real monsters on this ranch but since your on your own I am guessing a 60% successs rate on bucks over 160. If you are a tough sho nuff hunter you will probably get a shot at one of the big boys...

I have 3 ranches in Texas owned by the same people and they shoot 3 bucks each year and all are over 200 B&C but your not allowed to shoot lesser bucks. Fully guided on huge land holdings. booked up 3 years in advance right now..Sand hill ranches, cut sign and track only, and real tough hunt, and you must be in top phyical condition. if you are the above then you will get a monster..Walking from dawn to dusk in that deep sand is brutal but success is inevitable if you can keep up the pace, sleep on the track and go again the next day. We shot a 234 B&C at 14 yards 4 years ago. Last year a 214 and two more about that.

I have another ranch near the above that has a couple of openings for 2009, and they shoot 160 to 200 B&C deer. 4 day hunts $3000 for the hunt and $3000 for the kill. 30,000 acres of mountains. Spot and stalk type hunting and its much easier than the sandhill ranches.

For more information check out my web page or contact me for more information..I don't have many openings left for 2009.

Please PM me with details and pictures