I owned a huge donkey one time. He was 13.5 hands and probably weighed 750 lbs ????. I bought him off a Mexican from Boquillas Mexico..He was a freak Mexican burro, and not a Mamouth Jack and he was one broke son of a gun...I hunted off him and he was twice as tough as the toughest mule I have ever owned. He had a fast lope at best, but I could pull a deer up in my lap and ride him 10 miles to the house or pickup in the mountains..He was an awesome animal, so good in fact that everyone wanted him, and finally I sold him for a small fortune...I named him Latigo, becasue he was tough as wang leather..Wonderful disposition..I have ofter regretted that sale...Never seen another like him.

The average burro can pack more weight per size than any other animal on earth..but they are mostly very hard to do anything with. More trouble than their worth IMO....I always thought the best thing for burro would be to run them with dogs and let them kill the Lions, they can and will do that if they have a colt and a loin gets after one.