The biggest goblin out ther are back packers with huge packs that extend above the head.Then they get off the trail a few steps and won't say a word.Hores and mules generally freak out. Put a llamna behind them and you have utter chaos.As Wyowhisper said, talk a lot.

These hikers have no idea that a mule or horse can kick out side ways when they walk pass.

Bob. I sold one good mule to a fellow in Grand Junction two yrs ago. The rest stay here until I can't ride anymore. My pard has a big (16+ ) hand Tennessee Walker mule for sale that is pretty good. 11 yrs old, bred and raisded on the place,been in elk camp every year excpet the last two. My buddies knees gave out and the mule is too tall for him to get on anymore.He had to go out and bought a little 13&1/2 hd one. This mule packs camps,meat, and rides well, easy to shoe and trailer. Walks out pretty fast and has a easy sitting gait.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles