I did have a mule I could shoot off of pretty regularly. Probably could have done some of that mounted cowboy shooting off him.Not so much with this one here. A person can't hit much that way, but I had some shot shells for my .357 that I would plink grouse with as I rode by.

I have mules with each of the type of foot described. I could do without the shoes on this one mule,but he is a fox trotter and will slide his back feet so much that the heels go real quick.Plus he has one foot off that he will round the inside heel off real quick too. He was born that way.

Right now I have the borium on toes and heels.Now that is expensive. About $13 a stick down here and I can do about 8 shoes with it. I just use regular nails though.

I'd like to find someone locally who can shoe mules right, as I'm getting too old for that.But all these guys around here want to jump out of the truck and get at it.Something you can't do with a mule. A person needs to take a few minutes to get to know them and vice versa. I did have one guy that was great and he claimed my mules were asier to shoe than most horses he did they were so well trained. He dallied a thumb and popped it off though and then was in bad truck accident.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles