Originally Posted by 3sixbits
With a mule you still have to have a horse mare, they won't cross water with out a mare to follow.

Mule shoes are harder to find.

What ever you buy, make sure they are raised in the rocks, that's how they learn to put their feet.

I've seen and used some great mules in my life, even ones you could shoot off of. I had some great horses also, you just have to understand the limitations and be ready for them.

Mules will have either a horse style hoof, more round and a lot of semi-hard wall, there fairly easy to fit. Or more of a burro hoof, hard as nails and a very thin wall and shaped like the jack.

The more burro style hoof is harder to fit, the heals need to fallow closely and the nail holes of a standardized keg shoe will need to be re-punched finer or closer to the outside wall. The more burro style hoof dose not need shoes as readily as the more 'horse' style hoof.

Mules shoed up with hand-made shoes, frost-nails, borrium welded to the toes and heels of the shoes, and snow-pad is the ultimate off-road vehicle!

As mentioned, Oleo Acre's will ship, I get there once a week, very fortunate there, shoes are pricey to ship, but having what you need is priceless. Oleo Aceres Farier Supplies

You can shoot off any mule, once! (never a good practice, unless your being shot at maybe?)

Last edited by K_Salonek; 09/18/09.

Clinging to my God, and my guns!