All my mules cross water also ,go into lakes and I don't have a mare on the place. This early summer when the runoff was still strong,we went into the Flat Tops here in CO. Darn water was belly deep and whitewater to boot. These mules dove right in.

As for rocks, I'll be hunting up in the NW corner of Co in about two weeks .Right up against the UTand WY border. It's so rocky up there, I think that is where God piled all the rocks He had left over when he was done making our planet. When you point them in a direction,you'd best hold on ,because that is where they are going.

I do my own shoing and shoes are not hard to find. We have one shop here that carries St Croix and Diamond.I prefer the St Croix because they seem harder, but the Diamonds fit better without extra forming. 25-30 yrs ago,they were hard to find, but not now.
Oleo Acres has the shoes. Anyone can Google that.

Here's one of them mules here. A 10 yr old molly out of a 13 hd halflinger. She is just shy of 15hds. How can you not love an animal that looks this good. I'd not be embarassed to tie her outside any bar. BTW. This is the same mule a fellow on here accused me of not having her feet shod right from a picture taken 5 yrs ago, and said if I didn't do something right away,she was going to have permanent damage. The mules is still walking around.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by saddlesore; 09/18/09.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles