Originally Posted by M1Tanker
BMD,
While your rifle is not exactly my taste, I do have a lot of appreciation for it. But that is not my point. You built a great rifle exactly to your specs to suit your desires. If the few trolls who keep pulling their own chain cant appreciate that they can get bent.

I can appreciate his rifle for him as it obviously suits his taste. We all like what we like. I'm just more practical. I'd gear it to fight wind and that means more twist to accomodate the many higher BC projectiles now available in .224" diameter. Extending effective range from say 600 yards, out to over 1000 yards has a lot of appeal to me.

I would have skipped the decorative effects, and rolled the money into an A5 stock, and quality bottom metal. Again that's my practical nature.

In the end you have exactly what you want and they are still on the sidelines.

That rifle will be on the sidelines as soon as the wind kicks up.

I've got my LR stuff somewhat sorted out, but need to move to 7mm one of these days. I don't cry like a girl when someone tells me there's better ways to get there. In fact, I'm all ears. I'm always interested in improving ballistics, interior and exterior. Mainly because I enjoy LR precision shooting. Hobbling potential doesn't compute in my mind.

It would be awesome for smacking prairie poodles out here.

What's awesome about massive wind drift while trying to engage small targets at long range?