Originally Posted by 65BR

....you might be shocked that I built my 6BR with 8 twist to add flexibility, not to ONLY shoot the highest BC bullet possible....

Substitute 6BR with 220 Swift, and you are making ther same point I am. There's a reason you didn't twist your 6BR exclusively for 55s.

Originally Posted by 65BR
A hit is 95-99% of the equation if it's placed, and the OVERWHELMING factor is the shooter.

Beating the wind goes a long way toward making that hit. There's a reason 223 competitors shoot 75-90gr bullets at 1000 yards. The 55gr stuff just don't cut it. Bring those same heavies up to 220 Swift velocities and you have a real serious 1000+ yard rifle. Hobble it with 1/14 twist and you just castrated it.

There's a lot of room for choices on actions, stocks, barrels, mounts, etc. Lots of good quality choices out there and the differences can be subjective. Twist rate on the other hand is a very real and hard choice. A 1/14 Swift will be hobbled regardless of receiver, stock, barrel, glass, etc. A 1/8 or 1/9 will shine at Swift velocities.