WGM and MM, no argument on those points, but to say a Swift in 14" is a bad set up, I don't buy it. Not all of us need to shoot 500-1000 yds on a regular basis.

I have, do, and will shoot plenty more 70TNTs in all twist 6BR, they are flat enough and defy wind enough when launched at 3400.

Pale white, you sir would not be so inclined to be so disrespectful in person.

I am not ignorant of all the gack here, but sometimes discussions get carried beyond what is practical for the intended purpose. I am sure I have done so myself.

I owned a 221 FB builty by Speedy G at SGY, ONLY shot 40s in it as at 3600+ with Lil gun, I saw that as an advantage vs. 50s or heavier much slower. It was flat, accurate, and did what I needed it to do.

Lighter bullets simply DO have a place and work well, so long as the user does their part.

The Swift above was built with a purpose in mind, and for the owners purpose, I have no doubt it will do just fine. Whenever that tube is worn out, he may want to try something else, who knows, but I have yet to see an argument to tell me why his 40-53gr pills launched from a 14" twisted Swift will be ineffective when he connects, and I am sure he will connect just fine.

When he needs more gun for bigger game, I am sure the OP has other tools for the task at hand.

NO question a fast twist has some flexibility as to bullet options, but that's not my point. Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall BMD saying he was shooting a minimum of 500 yds, and shots on varmints were to 1,000. His 300 will take care of those needs I am sure wink

You guys enjoy the day, no harm meant to others, your points are not invalid, but it is more or less relevant depending on the chosen application.