Most any cartridge will kill deer with shot placement, inc. a 75 amax spun fast. I killed a few with 70 gr TNT, one spun from an 8" 6BR, the other spun from a 10" 243, they both killed well, the latter, DRT, thanks to a neck shot, the BR kill was 200 paces, walking, so it got one thru the lungs, down in 60 yds. Not my choice mind you for everyday deer hunting, but it's what I had, and it worked well as I used it with it's limitations in my conscious before I squeezed, and picked my shot accordingly.

Something in my memory tells me PO Ackley talked of how fast and deadly the 220 Swift was I think on deer. Maybe my memory is fading but I don't recall anything about twist, likely 14" and cup/core 55s. The Gent who bough my 221 regularly uses his 22-250 for deer, 55 Sierras, gets several deer every year out to around 400 yds, lung shots, rarely go over 30 yds......

again, Shot Placement.

Fast twist/Slow, drift/drop, they all require the user to know how to hold accordingly, and execute properly, nothing more complicated than that.

280, be sure to post your 'new arrival' for us. Thanks.