Originally Posted by PaleWhiteCracker
Rotational velocity,very much interacts with frangibility,which in turn increases terminal affects. That most easily discerned upon things that aren't wired together all that well,as glaring observation.

Even when talking something as robust as an X,I've long been convinced that extry RPM adds a little sumptin' to the equation,as per wound channel.

Which is why I've long said that 10" is my favoritest 30cal rate................................

I agree with this concept........aside from being apparent with more frangible bullets,it has been very obvious in tougher expanding bullets that hold together,like the old Bitterroot IME.

The long range boys may have a point about trajectory from faster twists at the longest distances,but an article in Precision Shooting within the last year or so,quantifying the whole fast twist/ trajectory thing leads one to conclude it really isn't significant to a hunter,with a hunting rifle.

I say roll 'em over faster today,as bullets are getting longer... grin................my next 270 barrel is gonna be a 9 twist whistle grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.