Originally Posted by PaleWhiteCracker
'flave,

Many folks fall to major misconceptions(look at poor BMD here) and increasing throat length to accomodate higher BC's,is a glaring one. Especially in .224 and musing that 75A-Max in particular(a bullet that I've long stated as being worthy to expressly build a rifle around).

Anywhooo...the A-Max's sporty profile is coupled with modest bearing surface and it's ogive location is rather favorable,in the typical SAAMI throat length.

So one needn't throat longer in it's accords,whatcha need to do is simply twist for it and a "regular" throat will put you in the aforementioned 2.45"-ish ballpark in regards to COAL.

With the twist managed via barrel selection and not going crazy in throatiing,all that remains is the modest modification to the magbox(which was mentioned above) and you are there and in GRAND style.

The HS DBM increases COAL,if you groove that notion(I shoot them in s/a .378,.473 and .532) and it isn't a bad way to fly. Glen Seekin's 223 DBM is a great route and roomy. Or you can either go ADL(I've a few) or opt the various drop bottom BM's. I've 223AI's wearing both Badger M4 bottoms and the issue rEmmie potmetal junk.

With a clue and a thunk to both twist and throating,you can easily do it all and then some. While stupidity is often tough to watch(poor BMD here),folks can reliably see the light and ring the bell at another's expense.

Assuredly,this Thread will inspire more useful blueprints and a 700 based fast twist 223AI is rather quite a machine...............

Thanks. That helps.

Travis