Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Good question. I avoid cops unless I know them personally or have some direct business with them. It's just common sense.

Elkhunter, I have to agree with Mr. younger! And feel exactly the same way he does about law enforcement - and I've never had worse than a speeding ticket.

At one of my club's gun shows this weekend, I ran into two former cops - I didn't know used to be cops!

One fellow said he gave up being a cop #18-82 because he realized he didn't have the temperament for it (broke a teenager's arm cuffing him and taking the kid into custody). Told me himself he thought "he'd get into serious (legal) trouble eventually .....

The other fellow without me specifically asking about the points that were mentioned told me that there's a huge difference between cops of yesteryear who took great pride in their "uniforms and leathers" versus the cops who dawn web gear and fatgues to go on duty.

Several things were suddenly more clear to about today's cops than previously.

Used to be a time a cop welcomed "the break" (relaxed pace) to help an old lady find a lost dog or cat, versus busting a ganger's arse.

YES, times have indeed changed since the 60's, 70's and 80's - but I don't want to deal with any cops unless I personally know them and know those individuals love and revere the Constitution as much as I do.

Otherwise I keep my nose clean and stay alert of the bad and good around me, and live as goodly as i can without any nosy neighbors or cops looking over my shoulder!