"Flee" conjures and image not altogether relevant to the issue from where I'm sitting. "Flee" is probable cause. "Avoid" is another bag of worms entirely. Not unlike the difference between 'cover' and 'concealment'.

I think it a mistake to take what is said in this discussion with narrow focus or interpretation. Life isn't like that and all circumstances are as variable as snowflakes. I am not impolite toward LEOs, nor am I submissive. I don't expect, I demand professional behavior, not only from LEOs, but all government employees. That's my line in the sand so to speak.

I took issue with a Hispanic FHP officer down in Dade County some years back due to his behavior and misconduct. His LT. was not impressed to find out that HE had been lied to and I rather imagine it slowed down the patrolman's career progression, as well it should. Neither was the presiding judge now that I recall it. Funny what a phone call and a few well considered questions can do. Reminds me, just how many times can a cop's father die anyway?

Too, I lived through the River Cops caper down in Dade.....strange times then.

Well, that's a small piece of the foundation upon which I stand. I would help a cop in a bind w/o compunction. Due to the administration of our criminal justice system they are living their own version of Vietnam with no end in sight. Pity is due, help when and if appropriate, and don't think your short hair and barks will cow me. I've seen scarier stuff.

Worked with quite a few ex LEOs in the ATC world. Seemed a popular career progression in the community. Every one of them had their little coffee shop stories about how they screwed somebody over and got away with it. <giggle, giggle>

I'm not laughin' here.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain