To be frank, I haven't read all of this thread. On a related note, however, I recommend that any staunch, unabashed LEO supporter read writer John Grisham's 2006 non-fiction book "The Innocent Man". The book deals with events in the 1980's in a small Oklamaha town and outlines how either inadequate (even dishonest maybe) police officers and prosecutors can ruin the lives of their citizens.

Grisham is most noted for his many books of fiction involving the legal field, many of which have been made into successful motion pictures. He is also a lawyer (possibly former now) so can review events from a professional legal standpoint.

If you can read this without having some nightmares you are a better person than I am.

It is stories like this that for years have made me refer to criminal law as the "legal" system as opposed to the "justice" system.

I know and have worked with many police officers and know they are not all bad. I have also heard the background on many other stories involving LEO's which leave them in anything but a favourable light.

This is put forward for what its worth. Some of you would probably have your eyes opened by some of the happenings which Grisham outlines in the book.

Jim