Back in 91, I was driving back to Miami after seeing the space shuttle take of. I was driving a Toyota spacecruiser that was full (about 7 of us) I hadnt been drinking but the others had,it was late and we were having a good old laugh in the car.We were on the Interstate so was doing about 65mph and slightly weaving in my lane but not crossing the white line,anyways the cops light up and I pull over (over here you get out of the car and meet each other by the trunk) So Ive gone to get out and next thing I`ve got guns pointed at me yelling this and that (of which i couldnt understand)so Ive got my hands stuck out of the window and all i`m shouting is I`m English I`m English we`ve just come back from the shuttle!!this went on for about 10seconds, then they stopped shouting and started talking but still with guns drawn and managed to explain as best i could that i was English etc.Luckily 2 of the girls had their passports with them which they managed to throw out of the window and this helped a little.To cut a long story short the cops were OK and we had a laugh about it and even got a photo!but...we all shcitt our pants and hedded the cops advice should I/we get stopped again.

I still talk about the incident as fondly as i do about watching the shuttle lift off.

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip