So all this hoopla is whether or no a model 70 in a certain caliber was made at a certain factory? Have I got it right?
This has what to do with sniper rifles?

As for Big Stick (ex NOBODY), the ONLY place to talk with him is at ARAIG as he has been banned off every other, well anyway, 12 sites. I really enjoy communicating with him as he has more BS than most and anyone who snags little trout and put gel coat on the stocks of 54 Winchesters is obviously a real expert outdoorsman. He's an excellent example of "rig pig americanus" of which we have had our fill of in WY. Happily most have left our area and poaching is way down as are incidents of guys trying to pick up middle school girls with offers of meth.

Here's an idea for y'all. Offer Lee to come see him and observe the rifle in question, photograph it and post said photos on the site. I've extended that offer to the trash on ARAIG who claim all my pohotos are stolen off the net (although thay can't seem to find any anywhere). Thus far no one has shown up (subject, of course to my security requirements), as given the unbalanced state of many there, I would not wish them in my home, nor with them w/o at least two LEOs present. (Friends & members of our gun club). I've even thrown in a FREE plane ticket home for them can I not produce the guns on the list (yet to be supplied, of course), they send me. Try that out rather than all this posturing and keyboard blather....might work.

Anyway, I only own one "sniper rifle" (replica) and it still kills as well as it did when Sharpe was popping Frogs out at 300 yards two centuries ago. Once I did own a WW I USMC sniper 03' but the guy just throwing Franklins on the table and at 60, I gave in.

[Linked Image]