Growing up, I was big into guns, and while there are many writers who have stuck with me through the decades, none stick with me quite like Ross Seyfried. As others have said on this forum, he has an ability to make me want firearms I have no business wanting. If the guy can write a writeup of a Taurus Raging Hornet and make me want one, he must have a gift!

I know he may or may not be difficult to work with, and may or may not be full of himself, but of all the gunwriters out there, he is the one I feel most responsible for my development as a shooter. Something about him and his style imprinted on me when I was an adolescent in the late 80s, and it has stuck with me well into my early 30s where I sit now.

Again, there are many very competent writers out there, but none that seem to have quite the breadth of experience as Ross (IPSC world champion, white hunter, double gun guy, elk guide, Elmer Keith's boy, etc.) and I feel compelled to study him in as great a detail as possible. Now that I have more time and money than I used to, I think the first step for me is to assemble a complete collection / bibliography of all his known writings, and for that, I ask your help. Below are what I know he has written, and if you know of anything else, I would greatly appreciate your input. I already hold many back issues of his writings, and ultimately if this leads to a complete collection/bibliography, or even a biography, I would be happy to share it with you if you provide your email or contact information. I know there are rumors that he has been working on an autobiography, which would diminish the need for a biographer, but nevertheless, I want to learn what I can.

This is something I have been thinking about for years, and I have the time and the inclination to move forward now. If you have any additional publications or more specific begin/end dates for his publications, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your help and here goes:

-G&A Shooter's In-Sight column and monthly features, early 80s to late 90s.

-Handloader, Rifle, and Successful Hunter from late 90s to mid 2000s

-DGJ from inception to current

-Gray's Sporting Journal, unknown period?

-NRA publications, unknown period? mid 2000s on? Which publications besides the shooter's rights one?

-Outdoor life, unknown period? Mid to late 2000s?

-No known books? Wrote intro to Hamilton Bowen's The Custom Revolver.

It's funny, a common theme if you read threads about him over the last decade is that "his moves and their reasons are well documented on previous threads," but if you read the previous threads, there is a great detail of speculation and very few facts. It's not entirely clear to me why he left G&A, why he left Wolfe, etc. etc., so any information BASED IN CLEAR FACT would be useful to me. I know he is selling Elk Song right now, so if you have any FACTUAL gossip about his comings and goings even today, I would be interested in hearing it on this thread too. If there is any non-public info you could share, feel free to PM me! I want to document what I can, while I can. I will be as discreet as necessary.

I admit my quest is somewhat quixotic, but pretty much everything else interesting has already been done, so this is at the top of my hobbyist to-do list!

Thanks!
Alabamagene