I might be able to add a little here as Ross has been a friend of mine for almost 25 years. I have eaten at his table, put food on his table, slept in his house, hunted with him , shot with him, fished with him, cast bullets with him, and reloaded ammo with him.

While that does not make me anything but a persistent pest who lived about an hour from his ranch it does speak of his patience in at least one case.

On Schrapnels story I have to say he never actually identified Ross. The breaks is big country and I have hunted with Ross enough to know he was not one to bumble about the countryside.

On the 22-250AI you guys are right in that the Shilen was the AI and the Remington stayed a standard 22-250. What most don�t know is that the Shilen never did kill a coyote because Ross quit hunting them the year he ordered the rifle. Seems he quit hearing them howl in the evening and decided the coyotes needed a safe place. Ross�s ranch became a coyote sanctuary.

On the Weaver Stance, Ross never did use a proper Weaver Stance and that is one of the Reasons he did so well in IPSC. A true Weaver stance has the strong side elbow locked at full extension. Ross never locked his elbows and the increase in recoil control was a part of his success. He never was super fast from the holster but once the gun was out and running very few were in the same league.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.