Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I've read only one piece that Mr Seyfried wrote, and I've met him only twice, very briefly.

The man flat knows how to write exceptionally well, and by all accounts is an exceptionally accomplished hunter and shooter, with a rich knowledge of all sorts of guns. I have no insight into his veracity, but I suspect that he's basically a man of pristine principle.

The first time I encountered him, he came at me very rudely. The other time, he was as nice as he could be.

All in all, I figure that he's a gifted writer and a gun man to be admired � whatever may be his easily overlooked personal liabilities.

I've known a number of prominent people like that.

i dont quite get why some seem to think their favorite writers have to be fault free......everyone has faults and issues, some more than others....alot of times it has lil bearing on how good of a writer they are......

alot of ppl LOVE Peter H. Capsticks books, im one of them, yet there is a fair amount of evidence that alot of his stories written in the first person were actually stories that happened to others that he had heard through the grape vine....does that diminish his ability with the written word? nope just means you take his first person accounts with a grain of salt and enjoy the story....

Ross is a hell of a writer but i dont doubt that he isnt perfect.....

Last edited by rattler; 03/17/12.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books