Originally Posted by xxclaro
Is it lawful for a CCW holder to carry while under the influence od drugs/alcohol? I honestly don't know,so please fill me in. If not,then this guy apparently was not in compliance with the law. If he was suffering from PTSD or whatever,was he on medication for it? If so, should he have been carrying? How do these drugs affect peoples minds?

I agree that there have been many abuses of power by police over th years, but judging from the witnesses, I'm not sure this is one of them.Seems to me the officer did what he felt was necessary,and made the best decision he could in the few seconds he had.

I think we can all agree to a high standard of behavior while armed. What is not agreed is the high standard application to all parties. Unless one uses a flame thrower or just shoots on sight, there are very few methods of greater capacity to antagonize and escalate a situation than having a full body armored death squad surround an individual pointing weapons and shouting orders as a cursory perfunctory to take their life. Hard to imagine a more aggressive fashion of response. It doesn't take much to anticipate what a typical response would be.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.