Originally Posted by RichardAustin
It is rather well know that the DA is not going to investigate any officer shooting in Las Vegas. In fact, in Las Vegas, the person DOA has always turned and pulled something, sometimes it is shinny. Amazingly las vegas criminal never learn as this is repeated each and every time. The local news paper is in the tank with the PD. Anyone who things that members of an industry which purposely mislead the public on a daily basis have suddenly become the gospel is foolish.
The local radio stations had lots of commentary which didn't support the official positions taken in the press. The simple fact is LVPD shoots first, and lots of it, then arranges the details. It's a story that goes back to Ralph Lamb, one of the last wild west sheriffs.
As a note, open carry is legal in Las vegas. The hysteria it creates is something else. The cops know it is legal, so the arrest citizens lawfully carrying and eventually charge disturbance of the peace, and provide a wall of molasses of paperwork to get your perfectly legal gun back.

This is exactly what I was going to say regarding to the Las Vegas PD. They do get away with murder there, and it has been that way as long as I can remember.

Lamb once joked to my dad that he can have anyone disposed of. It was a direct threat to my dad, who was defending someone the powers in LV wanted gone.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”