Keith,if someone near and dear to me is threatened by a "bad guy"with a gun,I'd rather have a non-leo campfire member entrusted with their safety than a cop.The odds of getting a "goodun" out of our membership ranks are better than getting a local LEO who would actually risk his life to save them.

Would you rather have Barak or DINK on the scene when action is called for?I'd take Barak in a heartbeat.

The exceptions to this are ED Bunchanumbers and AHF,who are LEO's,but would act as fathers and husbands rather than as LEO's.There may be some other LEO's among our membership who would step up-and you could be one- but I've shared a campfire with these two.

Cops adopting military TACTICS will continue to be a failure unless military attitudes are adopoted as well.

We were taught that your chances for survival were better if you focused on the MISSION rather than your own safety.

As long as "officer safety" is PARAMOUNT,the mission will suffer.Of course,if the "mission" of the LV cops was to kill anybody with a gun,then it succeeded.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place