Originally Posted by Boxer
Originally Posted by Greenback
No doubt the RAR is a great value but I'm curious to why you feel it's "better by a mile" than the Tikka. I've looked the Ruger American over, just haven't had any time shooting one yet. I have quite a bit of experience with Tikkas and they have been flawless performers to date.

Boolits matter more than headstamps and a rifle can be no better than it's boolits.

Tikka slams doors shut,with twist rate and that sucks ass by [bleep] miles. Then there is of course the schitty Tikka build,the '06 lengthed 223 action and a host of mechanical Goat [bleep] in conjunction with a [bleep] twist rate(s).

The RAR trigger will come down to 1#,it'll reliably stabilize sinister boolits and it's ALL there in superior fashion and surprisingly for less money.

Win/win.

Boxer,

You work for Ruger? I was in the market for another 223. Now, instead of spending big bucks on a build or top shelf factory gun, you have me considering this Ruger 'Merican.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson