Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I don't believe the members here and on other sites FAKED the problems/pictures of said bent recoil lugs. Nor did a guy I know who sent me cell phone pics asking me wtf was the deal.

AGAIN, you are making accuracy claims. And AGAIN, I never typed a word about poor accuracy. Apparently, that is ALL a Tikka owner has to go on. Accuracy claims that anyone can make. Simply because discussing the actual parts of the rifle, categorically, will surely prove futile, if not downright embarrassing.

I don't feel it is "tough to find a rifle that shoots as well as a Tikka out of the box". It seems only Tikka owners feel this way. Have done it many times. It also seems that MOST (maybe not you) haven't many examples to compare. That goes back to the "entry level rifle" thing.

I fully understand what you are conveying about plastic parts. But you are missing the point. Plastic costs NADA to produce, while others sell you STEEL for LESS.

Please answer this question:

Why does a Tikka with hammer forged barrel, plastic magazine, plastic trigger guard, plastic bolt shroud, aluminum recoil lug, hollow tupperware stock, and a one action length receiver machined so thin that it HAS to be enclosed to be sufficiently rigid, cost MORE money than other rifles that shoot comparably well and offer you steel over plastic?

Answer that, without getting your panties in a wad, or calling me names, and maybe, just maybe, an intelligent conversation can ensue.

As far as you knowing "A LOT" about rifles, that remains to be seen.......

I will answer any question you have but only after you show evidence that I called you names, or even suggested your 'panties in a wad'. Intelligent conversation is something you need to prove capable of, not me, given everything I've seen you post recently. Up to you.

And I think I have a clue about a few things. Won't claim to know it all, or even a fraction of some, but my 'neighbor' gunsmith calls me often when something has him stumped and I have built, modified and repaired a few rifles in my time. I would like to think my firearms knowledge is above average. I have a feeling you won't think so given your propensity for defending your 'opinions' so rabidly, but maybe I just misunderstand your posts here...

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson