Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Well I have two Tikka's, Mount scope go out and shoot just about anything into under an inch at 100 yards. Have Winchesters, Remingtons, etc, THEY DO NOT DO THAT, without work. Can they, yes. Triggers, yep with work and money. Have found loads they like, but.. Never have had anything break, fall off, miss a animal, or any problem with a Tikka. Are they plastic, made to a price, yes. But DAMN they do work. Perhaps The Ruger American is a good one, but I do not have one yet. I really doubt that it can be better however.. At it's price point perhaps, again plastic made to a price point. As a betting man I would take my Tikka against just about any hunting rifle at 100 yards. I bought mine when they were just around what the Ruger American costs now. YMMV

Pretty bold statement, but I respect the confidence you have in your rifle. That kind of confidence puts a lot of meat in the freezer, I'm sure. My rifles all shoot well and I guess I could offer up a bet of the same nature, but won't since I've shot competition and have had my azz handed to me by a guy using a cheap as hell stevens 200. Price point doesn't always guarantee sub moa groups and as we are all aware of, the stevens 200, Ruger American, Savage, and Marlin X, can all shoot well right out of the box. I don't have a problem with any of these rifles or the guys using them. As they say: "To each their own". I will say this: I remember when the Tikka was very affordable when they first came out and now it's priced way up there, so it probably shouldn't be in the same category from a price standpoint as these rifles. Even though it should be, based on concept/design...

Exactly.........