Originally Posted by Whiptail
Originally Posted by Boxer

Blade Therapy.

[Linked Image]

Can you just take the blade off? I did it on a Savage and it worked fine.
I bought one of these new rifles yesterday, it's a stainless American .308 Win for $359. I was comparing it in the store with a Browning AB3 and liked the Ruger better and it was less expensive. The safety on the Ruger didn't click as loud as the Browning and I liked the Stainless finish on the Ruger better than a Tikka. It is an extremely flat stainless finish.

Comparing with a Tikka T3 which I have and also like. I prefer the Ruger because of the flat stainless finish, location of the safety, better bedding the "V" of the action tightens down into the stainless insert groove in the stock. The Tikka has a loose "chip" that acts as a recoil key between grooves in the stock and receiver. And I like the Ruger rotary magazine clip better than the Tikka clip.

When carrying a spare Tikka magazine loaded but out of the rifle, the bullets rattle around in the magazine. I don't think this will be an issue with the Ruger because the rotary spring pressure.

The only thing I don't like about the Ruger American rifle is the blade on the trigger, if I can't get used to it I will probably tie it back like Boxer or try to remove it.