Originally Posted by varmintsinc
Originally Posted by 16bore
Be curious to see that and if there's ever going to be a stock worth a chit for them.

I have been off the fire a while and had this same question. I just had the 'Merican and tikka side by side and the stock on the Ruger was horrid. Boyds offers a few styles for the Ruger for $113. I would just like to know if the Ruger provided a conventional bedding surface.

A predator in 6.5 creedmore sounds perfect for the wife, wish they would offer the 6.5 in their standard all weather.

The main design point of the RAR stock and bedding system is that it provides a solid lock down into the stock and is very light weight and inexpensive to manufacture. Bedding would not offer any improvement to that design, so a higher quality stock that can be bedded is not necessary.

The Ruger stock is a purely functional item as a handle to point the barrel, and while it is severely lacks asthetic appeal to those who favor blue steel and wood, from an engineering design standpoint it is an elegant solution.

As long as the action screws are tight and the barrel is free-floating accuracy will be optimized for every rifle that comes off the assembly line without any need for bedding.

That one design concept is 200% better than the Tikka, that can develop issues in hard kickers, but the Tikka design objective is the same.

The price difference between the two is likely due to profits taken off the top by Beretta as the importer.

I like the RAR more than I like the Tikka, but I like the Tikka a lot more than I like Beretta.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...