Originally Posted by 2muchgun

Never owned one but have seen pics of bent lugs on 300wsm and such. I personally can't get over the sight of one. The price tag doesn't help. You shouldn't have to pay for aftermarket parts replacements given their price IMO.

Both rifles are capable of fine accuracy and more than good enough for hunting. One just happens to cost a lot less.....

"Never owned one... I've seen pics... Perfect for someone who knows nothing about rifles... One cost a lot less..."

I seem to have heard this chit on the internet before. You've voiced your opinion. It's nothing more, and getting old.

I own or have owned more rifles, makes and models than most, including several customs. FTR I have not owned a 'Merican, but would not discount one like you have the Tikka when there are several times more positive reviews by people who own them (including me), and experienced, mostly, very positive results. In FACT it's tough to find a rifle that shoots better out of the box than a Tikka. Entry level? Maybe. But I have customs with Krieger, Shilen, Douglas and even built a couple of Mausers with WWII surplus Browning 30 machine gun barrels cut, chambered, crowned, threaded to fit. Few shoot as well as my Tikka in 260. Is a Ruger American a better value? I don't know. I've SEEN some 'Mericans on the WWW that do very well and others that can't hit a bull in the azz at 50 yards. Is a Montana or a McMillan or a Kimber a better value? I can show proof of what a Tikka can do. I have few rifles that will even duplicate it's accuracy. For the price, I, and many here would call it a value. No factory rifle is perfect and few customs are. Most are a series of compromises. Some are acceptable to Some. I know ALOT about rifles. I happen to like a Tikka just fine, and at it's price point. That's MY opinion.

I know a few things about metal and a few things about 'plastic'. Sometimes plastic is better. Glock is one of the most respected manufacturers of pistols that professionals at high risk place their confidence in every day. I still like my all-metal 1911s, but will not be so stupid to argue a Glock (or any of their many copy-cats from S&W, CZ, and many more) a POS based on the fact it has a few detractors on the WWW, most of whom never touched one. I would only be declaring my ignorance on Glocks. By the way, I own a BUNCH of handguns too.

Like 16 said, shoot 'em both and see where the numbers fall. My money is on the Tikka until I get a 'Merican that proves otherwise. I own several Rugers already. Might as well try one for myself. Also FTR, I think both are God awful ugly from the manufacturer.

"...the rest is Coke and Pepsi." Well said.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson