Originally Posted by jorgeI
Greenhorn rubbed me the wrong way, because he was an insufferable ASS whe it came to expressing his views about those of us who hunt Africa and are not fortunate to have the access (and skills) he obviously has. A few other guys here are successful as well and don't come across like that. Then there's Big Stick of Course, the ass of asses. I have a friend who lives up near Thompson Falls with GREAT access to hunting lands and he does very wll too (with a bow), only he's not a complete orifice like these guys.

I hear you. The Campfire is still not as bizarre as Alberta Outdoorsmen. Can hardly stomach that site for all the fighting, criticism and self proclaimed Johnny Super Hunters. Can't seem to have legitimate discussions without all of the above. Of course there are plenty of stupid questions: is the 22mag enough for deer? Or people who post, "look at me, I went to Namibia and shot all these animals and my Berger bullets worked great. I only used an average of 4 shots per critter (I'm exaggerating a bit)". THEN the person gets snotty when people disagree and say that it doesn't sound like the Bergers worked that well. Well the Partitions only shot 3shot 0.75 groups, the Bergers made me more confident because they shot into 0.50 groups. You can't convince them that there is nothing wrong with the Partition group. They're all about accuracy only.

Anyways, At this point of my life, if I had to hire a guide for elk, or go to Africa, it would be Africa for me.

Last edited by AB2506; 07/28/14.