Originally Posted by ingwe
And as for the Greenhorn thing. Yes, no doubt he's a real hunter. But he should be more receptive to others that are not ( for whatever reason) able to get his level of experience. Ive done the Greenhorn thing, climbed plenty-o-mountains and packed plenty-o-game off of them. Ive done the Africa thing-a lot-with nary a high fence in sight and PLENTY of miles logged on the desert boots. Some animals were easy,some definitely were not.Some wanted to kill me back, some did not.
As age and old injuries come to haunt, it is slowly but surely getting more comfort oriented,with less output of energies. This does not seem to be an optional program. I hope the Greenhorns of the world embrace it as it descends upon them�.
If his or anyone else's opinions are based on wealthy, enabled, and entitled feeling 'hunters' who measure success in body counts and horn scores�.I'm with him on that! Seen some truly "Ugly Americans" going on Safari.

Plenty of "ugly Americans" hunting in the states as well. I'll be sixty this year, but still manage and can keep up with even the youngest of guides. That's not my issue. He painted all those who hunt africa with the same brush, and I can unequivocally say, if I lived where he does and had that access, I'd be doing it as well. Still, give me an African hunt any day. That is my preference and just as I don't disparage anyone who does everything DIY, the courtesies should be reciprocal.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”