Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I don't know who the "you guys" are you mention.

Fair enough. Looking back, I see you aren't one of the guys talking about ego, I apologize.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I also don't know why you go on and on about how you prefer to hunt, when I don't think anybody on this thread who travels to hunt ever mentioned anything specifically about you, or your preferences.

That's true, no one has asked about that. What I am offering is an answer to your question about why some guys look down on a hunt where the outcome is dependent on the skills and work of others. Apparently, "you guys" are having a hard time figuring that out, as evidenced by your question.

And the answer is as I said before, that it's all about what an individual wants to get out of a hunt. For some, going on a safari and having someone else figure out the logistics, find the animals, put them on the animals, and tell them when to pull the trigger takes away the reason they hunt. So they can't understand why others would pay good money to do it that way. That's where the disdain comes in.

I can't speak for others as to why they hunt, the only way I can illustrate that is by giving my own reasons. I hope that's OK with you.

A wise man is frequently humbled.