If safariman is going all the way across the state to UW to get his miracle transplant, you'd have to think he'd pass plenty of surplus shops along the way.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9500629/1

Originally Posted by safariman
Sherri and I will hook up the 5th wheel to the F-250 and point it all toward the U of W / Virgina Mason center for Kidney, Liver and Pancreas transplants.

Of course, that's the location with the miracle KOA that's a perfect recovery unit for post-kidney transplants.

There is a KOA nearby and this will be our home for about one month while I go through the surgery and long recovery. My mother and step dad with possibly another caregiver/helper will be coming along and staying with us as I will be very frail and need 24 hour attention for a while. Due to the possibility of an artery suture blowout or my body starting to reject the new Kidney, I and my caregivers all have to stay within a 10 minute drive of the hospital for at least one month after the operation.

Then again, that's over in that area of the state where he couldn't attend a rally against I594:

Yep, I am scheduled for a Kidney Transplant in March. I posted about this a week or so ago. I will be in Seattle for a full month recovering.

For someone to be like this:

Just like I am too sick to drive 5 miles from my home to duck hunt, or go to a gun show, I am far too weak right now to go to such a rally. Kidney function is down to only 21%. My resting heart rate is most often well above 100BPM because it is so hard for my heart to get blood through my blocked kidneys. My internet chatting right now is my only time out of bed all day today. My arms and legs are covered in unsightly sores from my lack of kidney function and I am chronically fatigued, out of breath and exhausted.

There's a helluva lot of traveling anticipated, and a lot of dealing around going on.

Last edited by 4ager; 01/26/15.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.