Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Some food for thought, from Martha Stout:

�After listening for almost twenty-five years to the stories my patients tell me about sociopaths who have invaded and injured their lives, when I am asked, �How can I tell whom not to trust?� the answer I give usually surprises people. The natural expectation is that I will describe some sinister-sounding detail of behavior or snippet of body language or threatening use of language that is the subtle giveaway. Instead, I take people aback by assuring them that the tip-off is none of these things, for none of these things is reliably present. Rather, the best clue is, of all things, the pity play. The most reliable sign, the most universal behavior of unscrupulous people is not directed, as one might imagine, at our fearfulness. It is, perversely, an appeal to our sympathy.�
- Martha Stout, The Sociopath Next Door

Sociopaths have no regard whatsoever for the social contract, but they do know how to use it to their advantage. And all in all, I am sure that if the devil existed, he would want us to feel very sorry for him.�

�If, instead, you find yourself often pitying someone who consistently hurts you or other people, and who actively campaigns for your sympathy, the chances are close to 100 percent that you are dealing with a sociopath.�
- Martha Stout, The Sociopath Next Door: The Ruthless Versus the Rest of Us

�when confronted with a destructive outcome that is clearly their doing, they will say, plain and simple, �I never did that,� and will to all appearances believe their own direct lie.�

Psychotic, no . Sociopathic absolutely. Can't be psychotic by the definition of psychotic, but there are sociopathic persons who may be bipolar, manic depressive. There can be some fleeting delusional stuff with bipolar D.O.

But the real question, IMHO, is what kind of perverse pleasure do those people get, by denigrating others over and over, just to make themselves look superior. May I live in hell if I ever resort to feathering my ego, by a constant tirade of bullying someone, who obviously is not well. Just don't answer his ads.... not out of sympathy, but out of self respect.

Last edited by Wyogal; 01/27/15.