Originally Posted by safariman
FWIW to all of those poking fun, I did try the Military Surplus Stores around the region for this this stuff, and the artillery shells I want, according to a couple of them, are a thing of the past. No longer available. Something about Federal regulations that I had not heard before. So far, only aluminum canteens as well. I am still hoping for a stainless Steel canteen.

Not sure about them being regulated out of circulation, I had not heard that before, but it could be true. What is true so far is that my searches for the shell casings I want have come up empty. I did not think that asking about them here would bring up such a long thread.

Just trying to add some accessories to the bike while it is down for a while and being worked on anyway, on the cheap. I had no idea that a search for such would cause such a firestorm, but it did and I can live with that. No one was hurt, and some of you had some fun at this. Nothing to fret over. Despite all of the posts poking fun, I am STILL in hopes that someone has one or two of these laying around that they will let me buy or trade them out of. So far striking out at the surplus stores etc. Including on line. If none are found, life shall obviously go on and without much of a care over this one piece of the puzzle not going exactly as I had hoped. Not a big deal and especially not with - as many of you correctly noted - MUCH bigger fish to fry for me these days.

I did get a PM about the ammo cans, which is appreciated.

Some of you would not be fiddling with such things just weeks before a major surgery and long recovery and re hab. Fine. When it is you looking straight in the face of such a thing you plan for it and deal with it as YOU think will be most helpful for YOU.

As to my style or preferences, I want to have fun things that I used to be able to enjoy getting tweaked and tuned and ready for me so that when I am in a hospital room or lab somewhere in Seattle getting IV's put in and taken out, sick from too much or too little of this medicine or that while they try to dial it all in, and for many days dependant upon others to assist me with the basic body functions and activities of daily life.... that I have stuff that I love ready for me to try as soon as I am physically able. I may NOT be quite up to much of a ride or varmint shoot for still months even after I am released from the transplant Center. But the hope and dream being there will lend brightness and a smile to those days drudgery, needles, and feeling quite sick which I am told await me.

This is my way, does not have to be yours. And in fact I do not recall suggesting that anyone besides me handle a potentially fatal procedure and long re hab in my way. I only asked if someone had a couple of items that I need to complete a project. that is not. Getting them or having them on hand for my bike builder friend to use will be a nice fun touch. But not haveing them would not be so bad, either. It ain't this big of a deal folks. Well, too me, anyway.

Who's azz are you trying to blow smoke up. You have one of the biggest. "Big watch, little dikk ego's i've ever seen

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell