Originally Posted by Wyogal
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by 4ager

It's all part of the narcissism and the scam. The "it's all about me" meshes well with the "I'm a victim and I'm being persecuted" line of their "belief system". If they aren't the center of attention and especially if they feel like they aren't being ridiculed or persecuted or otherwise made a victim, then they simply aren't complete. This gets twisted right up into the long con as they can play the "we're victims; people are mean to us because of what we believe; we're sick; we're poor; please help us" line. With that, they gain confidence and compassion from the marks, and the scam works. At any point along the line when they are caught, the fall back to "we're sick; we're poor; you hate us because of our beliefs" mantra gets trotted right back out.

They've gotten a few to buy into the sales pitch and have their posse ready to ride to their defense whenever they are caught ("leave them alone"; "they're good Christians"; "he/they treated me right"; etc.). That little bit of "done right" builds right into the story line and makes the long con even more effective.

Isn't it just amazing how it's always someone else's fault that the deal went south, or that the old folks called in the insurance bureau and he got nailed, or that they are dead broke (constantly; yet always buying total crap instead of saving a dime), or that the bear didn't get ass-shot and then killed by someone else, or... well, you get the picture. It's part of the narcissism, of the always being a victim and persecuted, and of the con.

RickyD and Wyogal show up to confirm a good bit of this; right on time and on schedule.

Not sympathy. But self respect. 4ager, just because you think it, it doesn't make it necessarily true....

The same goes, lady.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.