Originally Posted by BC30cal
MR84;
Welcome to the 'Fire from south central BC - about 5 or 6 valleys and 7 hours west of the Bull River country.

I'm sorry to read about your misfortunes hunting here sir and honestly that's one of the primary reasons I began the thread at the top of this section "Planning a Hunt in Canada" - that is to say to attempt to prevent fiascoes such as you described from taking place.

One of the initial things I find both vexing and puzzling in your story is that you did check out the references beforehand.

Accounts such as you've related double and triple underline why I admonish perspective hunters to check with both successful and unsuccessful clients before booking. Listening carefully to what people DO NOT say is often more telling than what they will.

While it may not bear much fruit at this juncture for you, I'd certainly at very least contact the Guide Outfitters Association of BC to lodge a complaint and I'd send a CC to the outfitter and the Better Business Bureau of BC too.

http://www.bbb.org/mbc

As my cyber friend SNAP said so well, it's a black eye for us residents that these goat roping rodeos are allowed to take place. We're working on changing that - but it's a slow process as you can imagine.

Anyway sir, again welcome to the 'Fire and I'm sorry to meet under these circumstances.

Dwayne

Good advice thankyou