Originally Posted by Sillyak
I don't get the issue with Tyson's emails/texts. Looks to me like he was genuinely trying over several dozen texts to make things right. There are three sides to every story, looks like this one is somewhere in the middle. Obviously the final texts from Tyson are ridiculous, but, it's easy to see how a guy would react like that When he had a client 1) quit on the hunt 2) He genuinely tried to make things right with you. 3) You slathered his name all over the internet like this.

Did you really expect a guide to pay you everything back including airfare? Do you do two weeks of work and pay someone for it? Obviously if the boss (you) has a problem you do your best to make it right, and refunding his entire fee is really all a guy can do. No?

It looks like he was unprepared for the hunt. It looks like you were too. Looking at this I wouldn't hunt with him or the outfitter, but I wouldn't take you on as a client either.

I know I have a low post count, but I'm not a shill. I have several hundred over several years under the same name on Alberta Outdoorsman if you guys think I'm a shill.

After I had more time to read all the texts since my last post I do agree with you. There were obviously problems and it appeared that Tyson was trying to make amends. Then when the client made what I consider are outrageous demands wanting all of his money back after hunting for 6 of the 10 days and told Tyson he was contacting a lawyer I would have probably also have called him every name in the books. I think the client should be reimbursed a certain percentage, but 100% is pure BS and if he wants to fight for that amount he'll end up with nothing.