I don't envy the cops their jobs.

By the end, I was getting pissed by the one kid who kept getting up! I was ready to shoot him, I guess cuffing would have been better.

AAR, would have been better to back off when they started getting frisky, until the whole posse showed up.

Midnight, pretty hard to round up backup from other jurisdictions in that neighborhood, good thing they had the shift change going for them (internally).

I am sure the malefactors were cut some slack because they were white and christian, black muslims wouldn't have lasted 3 weeks at the cottonwood Walmart grin

Probably wouldn't have made any money and left!

I think the family is nutz, as in mentally ill. I don't think they represent poor whites, or people from Idaho, or even people that camp at Walmart, or panhandle.

Although I would guess that veteran hitchhikers, now days, and full time panhandlers, have a few screws loose, at least the vast majority of them.

As much as people like to bitch about cops and "militarization" of cops (and I occasionally slip into that way of thinking myself, if not posting) is that in general, a much wider swath of local small town cops, are more experienced, and more well trained, than they would have been 40 years ago. Standards are higher, for entry, education, training, procedures, legal, etc.

I do not know what to make of all the damn shooting lately. Is it more? Or are we hearing about it more?

I do believe there are places, like ABQ, where the department has been allowed to get off the tracks. I don't doubt there are other places just as bad or worse.

I think those Cottonwood cops have to deal with some meth heads, and some whiteboyz on heroin everyday. They are not just a bunch of Barney fifes. But the town is small enough, if the department was a mess, there would be a cleanup (I believe)

It would be hard for me to not think about pulling my gun on every traffic stop for a long time after a deal like that.

Huntinaz, glad to hear your brother is OK, hope you guys have a great hunt!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....