DPS did show up, the video is 8 minutes long. The vehicle recording left to take the wounded officer to the hospital. Fighting commenced and help showed up and got the derelicts put away.

Ringworm:
This started before the vehicle recording got there too. I wasn't there and it's not on video but we have no reason to believe polite requests to separate weren't met with combativeness. Those derelicts were not cooperating from the get go, that's why backup was called. When the recording vehicle gets there those derelicts are already boiling for a fight.

Put the shoe on the other foot. The public has responsibility too. They committed a crime and were confronted by authority. They could just have easily said "Hey officers, this is a misunderstanding, we didn't know..." or whatever their story is. Instead they said "you will not separate us" and started fighting with the police. I can't see blame going any other way in this instance, the derelicts were the ones being combative and the blame is pretty squarely on them.

During your Barney Fife routine, if somebody didn't buy it and started resisting arrest I'm guessing you didn't give up. If you had the authority to separate for questioning or make an arrest then I bet that's what happened in the end.

In this case I'm completely in support of the police but there are too many instances where cops just overstep their position and if you're gonna sit there and tell the public at large they shouldn't comment on it because they've never been a cop, no one is going to listen.

This idea that cops should be given a free pass because they risk their lives ain't happening. Its a volunteer paid position, they know the rules going in.

I agree with you, one of the great things about this country is that the police force is subject to follow rules and isn't out of control. The public should be able to talk about it, and there are definite instances where they overstep their bounds and that's not OK.

The police have rules to follow and so does the public. My argument here is that the public knows the rules and know what authority the police have. Police ask you to separate for questioning, that's what happens. Everyone knows that what you DON'T do is start a fight with police and then attempt to gain control of their weapons. The police have the right to use force during times of resisting arrest or other assault directed at them and this is not a secret. Simple sh*t. Those derelicts should have complied and they'd all be alive. Instead they chose to fight, that's on them. It was their actions that got them where they are. Cops didn't provoke anything, they knew the score. Everyone here knows that if you swing at the cops they will be met with force.

Last edited by huntinaz; 04/13/15.