Here's the deal.
Was a crime committed initially?
Yes. Simple assault by one person against a Walmart employee.
That person needed to be pulled out.
The instant that any other person interfered with that happening that person is under arrest.
Handcuffs are much easier to sell that force on.
Dad was the leader.
"May, I talk to you sir. Please, everyone just wait your turn...your all going to have a chance to tell your side, I promise.
SIR, your son is being accused of simple assault on an employee of the store. I need him to go over there and speak to officer ssmith and make a statement. If everything is above board we are good and y'all can be on your way, alright?
Separate the son.
Now I know your all upset and this isn't what you had planned tonight, please bear with me and we will get this over with and you can be on your way.
Officer smith is taking your brothers stament. Did anyone else here actually see what happened? ..great. Could you PLEASE come over here and tell officer Jones what you saw only.
Thank you."

The Walmart employee needs to be in the back of a patrol car.
The primary suspect is separated.
Dad is calmed and in turn back up is very near.

" Sir, may I speak to again pleas? I am going to have a few other officers come take ataments to help get everyone's story and help your family get on your way tonight, OK?
Great, if you'll just tell your folks. I don't want them to be alarmed by a bunch of police cars (laugh, smile, hand on shoulder)"
You've got to use psychology.
Its selling handcuffs.
Does it make you look weak? I never though so. It is an easier transition, being nice.
The way the cops rolled in there was no way to deescalate into any form of mutual respect and way to open a line of communication.
Aggression begets aggression.

And the truth is, you have no idea who your rolling up on.
What they may have just done, what warrants they may have.
They may have just got out of prison on a second bid.
They might have a bomb or a body in the trunk.
They may be some whacked out group of doomsday cultists.
You don't know.
Might be a fkin ninja UFC ultimate warrior.
You don't know.
Being nice works.
I used to play dumb redneck Barney Phief. I didn't want them to see me as a threat.
I wanted them to think I was the Forrest Bump of LE.
I can't tell you how many dumfounded people have set in the back seat, cuffed, with their drugs bagged and tagged, shaking their heads in disbelief when the veil was lifted and the figured out the ruse.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024