Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80

For you cop haters, if you A. Weren't there or B. Have never worn the badge, you need to STFU. I feel if one has never walked that thin blue line, one should not commentate on actions taken by brave men and women who volunteer their lives to protect and serve against things that go bump in the night. Protecting the lives, rights and safety of those very same people who will critique their every action, and say, based one one side of the story how it 'should' have, or say "That's not how I would have handled that situation" when it makes local paper and news the following morning. It is almost always easier to come up with a more "perfect" solution to the situation the following morning while sipping coffee on the couch of your home after a full nights peaceful rest.

that is horseshit - if you can't do the job, then f'ing quit.

In this case I'm completely in support of the police but there are too many instances where cops just overstep their position and if you're gonna sit there and tell the public at large they shouldn't comment on it because they've never been a cop, no one is going to listen.

This idea that cops should be given a free pass because they risk their lives ain't happening. Its a volunteer paid position, they know the rules going in.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings